May 21, 2022 * 10:00 AM
Meet at Arcade & York, SE corner. We will walk to Maryland Ave and back to York.
Join us to walk the future of Arcade Street
Did you know that Arcade Street is being redesigned to calm vehicular traffic and improve pedestrian safety? We want you to know what’s coming and we want to make sure your thoughts, ideas, and concerns are looked at in the redesign effort.
Join us this Saturday morning, May 21st, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon as we walk Arcade Street, look at the proposed plans, and compare them to the actual places where we’re standing.
Here’s what you need to know:
- This Saturday! May 21st, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon.
- Meet at Arcade Street & York Avenue at 10 a.m. (on the SE corner near Sun World Foods).
- We’ll walk up to Maryland Avenue (about 1 mile north) then turn around and walk back to where we started.
- All ages and all abilities are welcome! We’re sensitive to your issues and concerns – that’s exactly why we’re doing this!
- We’ll make sure that those who need a break can take a break and we’ll have a car available for transport back to the start location if you can only do part of the walk.
- Wear comfy shoes. Bring sunblock and a water bottle if you have one. We’ll bring some water too.
- Masks are wise idea, but optional according to your own comfort level.
- We’ll bring maps. If you want to take a look at the design drawings first, you can find them here.
- If you have a smart phone, bring it along. We’ll show you how to document your thoughts, ideas, and concerns.
- And don’t forget, there’s some great neighborhood places to have lunch when we wrap up.
Meet with us Next Tuesday night to discuss your comments:
- After the walk, PPCC will compile your comments and we’ll bring them to our next community meeting. The project designers and engineers will be joining us too so you’ll have a chance to meet them, see their proposals, and voice your opinions too. Please join us:
Tuesday, May 24th, 6:30-8 pm
Arlington Hills Community Center
1200 Payne Avenue
You’ve been stuck inside all Winter, right? Are you sick of Zoom, too? Come join us for some outdoor, in-person fun!
Questions? Contact our office at 651-774-5234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.