View current job opportunities on our Employment Opportunities page.
Hamm’s Development Joint Statement
April 29, 2022 – Over the last six months, many community members participated in healthy and productive conversations related to the redevelopment of the Hamm’s Brewery Complex. In the last week, the six organizations who got the community conversation started last November, worked together to craft a joint letter to the City Hamm’s RFP–Joint Statement on Community Values. The letter attempts to capture the values and ideas we heard while working in community on this project. We worked hard to capture the breadth of our many conversations awhile balancing the many bright ideas and fine threads we discussed in multiple meetings. We sent the joint letter yesterday so that a record of community conversations would be available to the City as they start their internal review process.
If you would like to sign on, please e-mail your name and address, your title, and your organization to email@example.com We’ll collect up additional names and resend the letter to the HRA next Thursday.
Serve on the Payne-Phalen Community Council Board!
Being a Board Director is a meaningful way to serve your community. We are always seeking interested neighbors and business owners who want to help improve our community. Each year, our community elects members of the all-volunteer 17-member Board of Directors at the Annual Meeting. There are also periodic seat openings mid-term. We are currently holding elections for the board terms that are expiring (see below). See the nine candidates and bios on the Volunteer page
See the links below for the Frequently Asked Questions, and the Application to be on the Board.
2022 Election for the District 5: Payne-Phalen Community Council
How the vote works:
- Register to vote: If you live in Payne-Phalen or own a business, register to vote at by contacting the office by phone 651-774-5234 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you already voted at our Annual Meeting and Street Party on September 10th, we have your vote. Thank you!
- The election kicked off on September 10th at our Annual Meeting/Party. It runs through September 27th at our regular monthly community meeting (6-8 pm at the Arlington Hills Recreation Center, 1200 Payne Avenue. Voting will end at 4 PM.
- Winners will be those candidates that get a plurality of the vote.
- Verified residents of Payne Phalen can vote for up to six candidates.
- Verified business owners in Payne Phalen can vote for up to six candidates.
A word about candidates for the Council:
- For our September 2022 Election, there are 6 open seats.
- There are 9 named candidates: Two of them are incumbents running for a second term. Seven are new candidates running for their first term.
- All candidates live or work in Payne-Phalen (District 5) and all are 16 years or older.
There are many ways to serve our community. We’ll help you find the right connections! Volunteer for a specific project, to help with neighborhood outreach, or in the office.
Tell us of your interests and we’ll help you join an existing project or launch a new idea.