Saint Pauls’ Early Notification System – be the first to know on your block!
You can sign-up to receive updates directly from the City of Saint Paul regarding applications for licensing, zoning matters, variances being applied for in Payne-Phalen. To sign up for the Early Notification System, please visit www.stpaul.gov/ens.
Payne-Phalen Area Plans and Small Area Plans
- Payne-Phalen Community Plan Process (Coming Soon!)
- Railroad Island Updated Summary Plan July 18, 2007
- Payne Avenue Street Improvements
- General information about St. Paul Neighborhood Area Planning
Transportation and Transit Planning
To get involved in local transportation please join the Transportation Committee
- The Rush Line Corridor The Rush Line Corridor is an 80-mile travel corridor between St. Paul and Hinckley, consisting of 23 urban, suburban, and rural communities linked by a common need to be mobile and connected. The 80-mile corridor is represented by the Rush Line Corridor Task Force. Take a look at a map of the Rush Line Corridor
- Grand Round (Bikeway)
- Wheelock Parkway – Rice to Edgerton
- Payne-Bedford Realignment
- Payne Avenue and East 7th Street Reconstruction
- Greenbrier Bicycle Boulevard
- Aguirre Avenue Connection to Bruce Vento Regional Trail
- Maryland Avenue Planning (coming soon)
- Bike Lanes On Payne Proposal (Concept stage proposed by Eric Saathoff)
- I-35E East Side Trail
- I-35E Community Input on MNPASS and Cayuga Projects
Housing Redevelopment and New Construction
- Inspiring Communities – Vacant Home Rehab Project
Payne-Phalen Cluster Map
- Village on Rivoli Housing – Developer, Dayton’s Bluff Neighborhood Housing Contact Jim Erchul for more information.
- Bush – Payne Redevelopment East Side Neighborhood Development Company (ESNDC) ESNDC has led a preliminary planning process with the Railroad Island Task Force to examine options for site assembly and a housing development at Bush-Payne, just south of the Payne Avenue Bridge on the east side, next to the Bruce Vento Regional Trail through Swede Hollow. Contact John Vaughn (ESNDC) for more information at 651-771-1152.
Report -Railroad Island Compared to Hawthorne Eco-Village Site Students with the Center for Urban Regional Affairs (CURA) created a significant report related to future development in the area.
- Payne- Maryland Design Concept for Wee Houses (Preliminary Design Concept Phase)
New Business and Commercial Vitality
- Railroad Island Commercial Vitality Zone. The Commercial Vitality Zone program invests in Saint Paul neighborhood commercial districts to promote city -wide vitality, growth and equity. It is funded by a $750,000 annual sales tax revenue fund, created by a ½-cent local sales tax that State law mandates be used to further residential, cultural, commercial and economic development. This annual fund was proposed in 2014; the first year of implementation is 2015
- HealthPartners – Neuroscience Center
In July 2015, HealthPartners plans to begin construction of a new neuroscience center located on Phalen Boulevard in St. Paul, near the HealthPartners Specialty Centers and Regions Hospital.
On site construction camera! Watch this project take shape!
- Beacon Bluff Redevelopment The Saint Paul Port Authority (SPPA) has been redeveloping the former 3M site for job creation on the East Side.
- Cookie Cart youth job training enterprise coming to Payne Avenue!
- MN China Friendship Garden at Lake Phalen (Early Design Concept)
Map and designs
- Wakan – Tipi – Bruce Vento Sanctuary The Lower Phalen Creek Project