Job Posting: Part-time Organizer
February 22, 2017
Title: Community Organizer, Auto Theft Prevention
Summary: The Community Organizer position is a part time, contracted position. The overall goal of this position is to build community awareness of auto theft prevention through organizing and engagement.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
1) Outreach and engagement of residents, with special focus on communities of color,
2) Managing and coordinating a variety of programs, projects, and community events as assigned,
3) Strategizing and planning community driven campaigns around auto theft prevention for residents,
4) Building strong collaborative relationships among diverse groups of organizational stakeholders and neighborhood leaders,
5) Ensuring participation in community meetings and public events.
Previous organizing experience is desired.
Work in auto theft prevention is desired.
Ability to work varied hours, including some weekends and evenings.
Valid Driver’s License is required.
TWO (2) positions are available.
Both positions are contract positions.
Work begins March 1, 2017 and ends June 30, 2017.
To apply, send your resume and a brief summary of your past work to email@example.com