Presently, District Five leases vacant lots for community gardening from the City of Saint Paul as well as the MN Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
The Community Garden season is from early May to late October.
Locations of District Five managed community gardens:
- Green Pride Garden – Greenbrier and Lawson
- Railroad Island Garden – 516 Beaumont
- Police Memorial Garden – on lower Payne
- Prairie on Payne – Pocket Park (Payne-Phalen Pocket Parks)
- Gateway Trail Community Garden at Arlington and the Gateway Trail